Inspired by the early European settlers from the 1800s, celebrated architect Bill Bensley conceptualized this refined tented camp as a tribute to their spirit of adventure amidst untouched nature. Nestled between Ubud’s rainforest, rice paddy fields and the sacred Wos River, in an authentic Balinese artist village called Keliki, Capella Ubud, Bali offers 22 extravagant, individually styled one-bedroom tents and one tented two-bedroom lodge. Food & Beverage selections include Mads Lange – the camp’s dining room, Api Jiwa - an intimate and highly interactive Asian barbecue restaurant and The Mortar and Pestle pool bar. The Camp Fire is not merely the place to meet the local storyteller over pulled hot chocolate and toasted marshmallows but, weather permitting, an equally great venue for casual dining. Adventure wellness, pampering spa treatments designed around the moon phases, spiritual and sound healing as well as in-retreat rituals are on offer at Auriga Wellness.
The one-bedroom tents and the two-bedroom tented lodge are adorned by large outdoor decks and indoor and outdoor bathrooms, featuring a hammered copper stand-alone bath, double washbasins and an indoor and outdoor shower.
The tents are available in four colour schemes and are styled individually with an inspirational theme that depicts the skill set of the various personnel available at a camp back in the early days of the 1800s, such as Captain, Carpenter, Naturalist, Cartographer, etc.
Five different tent categories offer distinctively enriching and unique experiences:
- Five Terrace Tents located near camp central with an outlook to the rice terraces and the rainforest.
- Four Rainforest Tents offering a rainforest setting and view.
- Eight River Tents offering a tranquil Wos river experience and view. Secluded on a gradient in close proximity to the Wos river, this tent is best suited to the curious and able traveller.
- Five Keliki Valley Tents offering the most dramatic, unobstructed and elevated Keliki valley view and the largest pools.
- One two-bedroom tented Lodge. Blended into the terraced landscape, conveniently located in close proximity to The Cistern, The Lodge is best suited for a small family or a group of friends travelling together.
- Fitness Centre