Competition Terms and Conditions:
1. This Competition is open to members of the public aged 18 and over only. Proof of age may be required at any stage of the Competition. Employees of Global Hotel Alliance and its Member Brands are not eligible to participate. Furthermore agents and distributors as well as employees of the marketing or media agencies contracted by GHA and anyone connected with this Competition are not eligible to participate.
2. The Competition starts at 9:00 AM GMT on Monday, January 21, 2013 and ends at 9:00 AM GMT on February 28, 2013. Entries received after the Closing Date of the Competition will not be considered.
3. All decisions made by Global Hotel Alliance in all matters regarding this Competition are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
4. Member must first answer the above question correctly and then enrol to the GHA Discovery programme, or register for this competition if already an existing GHA Discovery member, via the dedicated links on the ‘Thank you’ page to be eligible for a prize draw pick. Participants will be taken to the ‘Thank you’ page once they submit their answer to the quiz question.
5. Member must agree to the Terms & Conditions of the GHA Discovery programme.
6. Winner selection: Winner will be chosen at random from all members who submitted the correct answer to the competition question before the closing date. GHA’s decision in all matters regarding the awarding of the Prize is final and binding. The Winner will be contacted by a representative of GHA, via the email recorded within their GHA Discovery membership profile within 24 hours of the competition closing date. The Winner will need to respond to this email confirming their country of residence, age and acceptance of these terms within 72 hours of it being sent, otherwise he or she will be disqualified and an alternative Entrant will be awarded the Prize.
7. Prize: There is one Prize available. The Prize consists of two return Business Class tickets for the selected Winner and his/her partner to Vienna, Austria, from anywhere within Austrian Airlines global route network, including 2 nights in a junior suite of Palais Hansen Kempinski, with breakfast. The Winner will also receive an upgrade to GHA Discovery Black Level status until 31 Dec. 2014 and will receive 1 Local Experience to redeem during his/her stay in Vienna. The winner and his/her partner must travel together. Hotel accommodation must be redeemed during the same time period as flights. For detailed T&C on the prize please see below.
8. GHA reserves the right to amend, cancel, modify, or offer an alternative Prize of equal value at any time, if it is not possible to award the respective Prize. GHA has ensured that reasonable steps are taken to ensure the Prize can be provided in full and is not unduly limited in terms of availability.
9. The approximate retail value of the prize is EUR 2500 + flights
10. Fulfilment of travel is subject to availability of seats, and hotel rooms, at the time of booking.
11. The prize must be consumed by 31 January 2014.
12. The Winner shall be solely responsible for: paying any and all taxes associated with the receipt or use of the Prize awarded in this Competition, including but not limited to country, state, local taxes and VAT; and paying applicable fees that are not covered by the sponsored ticket; and ensuring that all proper travel documents, including passport and visas have been obtained in advance of travel; and obtaining travel insurance if desired; and ensuring that Winner and any companions are fit enough to travel, and Indemnifying and holding harmless GHA from and against any and all damages, losses, costs, injuries and claims arising out of or in connection with the participation by the Winner in this Competition and acceptance and use of the Prize in breach of these Terms or in breach of applicable law.
13. No purchase is necessary to participate in this Competition (please refer to point 12). Applicable fees, taxes and surcharges will be covered by the flight ticket & hotel accommodation prize. Other ancillary costs, which are not part of the flight or accommodation costs (such as visa costs levied directly to the Winner), the Winner will be responsible for paying. GHA may pay for, or reimburse the Winner for, such costs in their absolute discretion, and upon receipt of reasonable proof of payment.
14. The Prize is not transferrable and the Prize shall not be redeemable for cash. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of the Prize will be permitted, except that GHA reserves the right to substitute a Prize of equal or greater value for any prize if the intended Prize becomes unavailable for any reason beyond their reasonable control.
15. At any time during the Competition, GHA reserves the right in their sole discretion to disqualify and remove any Entrant for any failure to observe the Terms including but not limited to cases where the Promoters believe the Entrant to be engaged in any kind of illegal or inappropriate behaviour. In the event that a Winner is disqualified, the Prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternative Winner selected by GHA.
16. By entering the Competition, you release to the fullest extent permissible by applicable law, GHA, any Prize suppliers, and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, whether consequential or otherwise, arising out of or in connection with the Competition or delivery, mis-delivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use the Prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other alleged cause of action.
17. By entering this Competition you agree to take part in any publicity, if required. You will do so free of charge, but you will be reimbursed for reasonable and necessary travel expenses.
18. GHA may, at any time, at its sole discretion and without prior notice, amend or modify these Terms and may also suspend, interrupt, terminate or discontinue this Competition at any time (as it may reasonably deem necessary due to circumstances beyond its control) without notice or liability to anyone. This applies in particular in the event of any circumstances that disrupt the Competition or prevent it from proceeding as planned.
19. GHA shall not be responsible for any breaches of contract or any actions or omissions on the part of Austrian Airlines or Palais Hansen Kempinski nor be liable in any way to any party for any loss or damage arising in connection with this Competition, for any reason whatsoever, including but not limited to any illegible, lost, delayed or incomplete entries, error in computing, any breakdown or malfunction in any computer system or equipment and any notice which is misdirected or lost in post. Proof of delivery is not proof of receipt.
20. You acknowledge that GHA, its Prize sponsors, directors, officers, employees, agents and contractors shall not be liable · to the maximum extent permitted by law; and· for medical expenses incurred no matter under which circumstances; and· for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury, costs, expenses or claims suffered by Entrants as a result of entering into this Competition or accepting and utilising the respective Prize; and· for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
21. Nothing in these Terms limits or excludes, or will be deemed to limit or exclude, the GHA’s liability for fraudulent misrepresentation, death or personal injury caused by its negligence or liability that may not otherwise be limited or excluded by law
22. By accepting these Terms, the Entrant agrees and consents to GHA publishing their [first] name, the initial of their last name and using their Facebook profile picture within the GHA’s Facebook page and those of its sponsors. This information may also be used (including, but not limited to the internet) for advertising or publicity purposes (where legal), and the use of statements made by or attributed to the Winner of this Competition, and any and all rights to said use, without further compensation, and agree and consent to GHA using their information as described in these Terms both within and outside the European Economic Area.
23. This Competition and any disputes relating to it will be governed by the laws of Switzerland and be subject to the exclusive of the jurisdiction of the Courts of Switzerland.
24. This Competition is void in all countries where it is illegal by law. Residents from such countries must not submit entries and any such entries that are submitted will not be accepted. Entrants from jurisdictions where the promotion is not permitted will not be entitled to claim any prize. Proof of address may be required at any stage of the Competition. A full list of countries where a Competition such as this is deemed to be illegal is available upon request.
Additional T&C for the prize:
To Redeem the prize the winner must contact Global Hotel Alliance corporate office by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: +41 22 596 4460 minimum 1 month prior to travel. Booking request coming shorter of the minimum advance booking requirement may be declined. Hotel accommodations & flights are valid from April 1, 2013 until 31 January 2014. No extensions will be permitted. Reservations are subject to availability and blackout dates may apply. The prize is non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. Any unauthorised sale, reproduction or distribution constitutes fraud. Tax liability, if any, including disclosure, are user’s responsibility.
Prize includes weekend accommodations in a Junior Suite with breakfast for two people sharing. Weekend is considered Friday – Sunday or Saturday – Monday. The hotel prize is not valid in conjunction with any other promotional offers or certificates. Additional nights are available at charge and upon availability. Additional guests will be subject to additional hotel charges. Guests are responsible for all other charges not covered by the Prize. Prize does not include gratuities. Guests may be subject to additional hotel charges. Normal arrival/departure restrictions apply. By making a reservation of this prize, the winner accepts and agrees to the cancellation and no-show policy of that the hotel. Failure to cancel a booking within the specified time frame or no-show may constitute in a redeemed prize and no alternative stay may be booked using this prize. The availability of hotel stay is subject to government approvals, regulations, restrictions, and applicable taxes. Any dispute relating to this offer is governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Switzerland and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Swiss courts. All rights reserved.
Winner will receive a voucher code that will allow him/her to book any Austrian operated flight for 2 in Business class via the Austrian Airlines’ website. Detailed conditions can be found at http://www.austrian.com/FAQ/FAQ/FlightVoucher/
GHA Discovery Black Level Upgrade:
GHA Discovery Black Level membership entitles member to the following benefits when staying at any GHA hotel:
- Black Level Local Experience awards (on attaining or retaining Black Level status or staying in a new member brand hotel for the first time)
- Choice of daily newspaper
- Complimentary internet access
- Complimentary bottled water
- Double room category upgrade
- Guaranteed room availability 24 hours prior to arrival
- Late check out until 6 PM
- Early check in as of 9 AM
- Local amenity
- Choice of amenity
- Additional local hotel benefit
Black level membership is valid until Dec. 31, 2014. Winner is required to stay at least 30 nights at any GHA hotel within the first 12 month membership period to maintain his/her Black Level membership. Should the winner not fulfil the minimum night requirement within any given year, his/her membership will be downgraded to Platinum or Gold Level, depending on the number of nights stayed in GHA hotels. Only nights booked on eligible rates are entitled to above stated benefits and will count toward level upgrades. Some stay benefits are subject to availability at time of check in. GHA Discovery Terms & Conditions apply.
Local Experience Award:
GHA will provide the Winner with a list of available Local Experiences at Palais Hansen Kempinski for the Winner to choose from. Should the winner decide not to redeem this benefit, no alternative Local Experience award or compensation will be provided. Failure to show up for the Local Experience will constitute in a redeemed prize. GHA Discovery Terms & Conditions apply.