Customer Satisfaction Index
Nestled in an estuary, where the majestic Kalu Ganga meets the Indian Ocean, Avani Kalutara Resort blends authentic Sri Lankan culture and old colonial charm with contemporary design flair and all the ingredients that really matter for a quiet romantic holiday.
Avani Kalutara Resort is delighted to unveil a stunning new look. Enjoy our new contemporary vibe in the lobby, restaurants, bars and ballroom. Settle into stylish comfort in the sensational Avani Ocean View Pool Suites, Avani Ocean View Suites and Avani Deluxe Ocean View Rooms with tropical views over the Indian Ocean and the Kalu River. Welcome to paradise.
Updated Booking Requirements
Avani Kalutara Resort is a certified ‘Safe and Secure’ Level 1 hotel. We look forward to welcoming you very soon. In the interests of protecting the health and safety of all our guests, please see our booking requirements below.
Prior to boarding, travellers are required to:
Have a valid tourist visa. All visas must be applied for online at eta.gov.lk.
Before applying for a visa, please ensure you have the following:
A pre-confirmed booking at a Level 1 ‘Safe & Secure’ hotel; depending on the duration of your stay and vaccination status (24 – 48 hours for vaccinated guests and 14 days for non-vaccinated guests).
The hotel booking can be made directly with the hotel, through a travel agent or an online travel agency. Guests are allowed to move within Level 1 hotels and use all facilities of the hotel.
COVID-19 local travel insurance cover for USD 12 – the policy covers up to USD 50,000 for a period of one month. This is mandatory for all visitors.
The travel insurance will be pre-purchased and charged by the hotel upon reservation. A banking fee of USD 26 per booking will be charged to the guest.
- Paid for PCR tests (USD 40 per PCR test). The number of tests depends on the number of days of stay and vaccination status:
- If vaccinated – 1 PCR test on arrival
- If not vaccinated – 2 PCR tests on arrival and one exit PCR test. However, if the stay is less than 5 days, no exit PCR test is required.
- Children below 2 years are exempted from PCR testing.
- Children aged from 2 – 12 years:
- Vaccinated route – undergo only on-arrival PCR test.
- Not vaccinated route – undergo only exit PCR test.
- Evidence of a negative PCR test (in English language) from an accredited laboratory taken no longer than 72 hours before boarding of flights, which must be produced at the arrival airport.
- Airport transfers to be arranged by either the respective Certified Safe & Secure Level 1 hotel/ Certified Safe & Secure travel agent OR a Certified service provider.
- The cost of PCR tests conducted during the stay period must pre-paid to the hotel soon after reservation.
- All PCR tests are performed in-hotel for your convenience by a private-sector laboratory approved by the Sri Lankan Ministry of Health.
- Each PCR test costs USD 40 per person.
Procedure for non-vaccinated guests
This applies to -
- Guests who have not completed the COVID-19 vaccination
- Guests who arrive in Sri Lanka less than two weeks of vaccination
- Guests who accompany children above 12 years who are not vaccinated are considered not vaccinated individuals.
Under this route, children below 12 years are exempted from on-arrival PCR testing.
However, children between 2 to 12 years will undergo exit PCR testing.
Children below 2 years are exempted from PCR testing. However, if the parents/ guardians develop symptoms or result in positive PCR test reports children will undergo PCR tests.
If any of the PCR test results are positive, the hotel management will inform the area MOH and follow the treatment protocol of the Ministry of Health.
On arrival at the airport, please produce the following:
- Negative COVID-19 PCR report (in English language) taken no more than 72 hours before flight
- Completed Health Declaration Form
Details on the second PCR test
- If the stay is more than 14 days – a PCR test is performed in-resort on 11 – 14th day of stay. Upon negative results for both PCR tests, guests are allowed to leave the bio-bubble and the respective Level 1 hotel. The in-house medical officer will issue a discharge document upon verifying the PCR test results
- If the stay is between 5 – 14 days – a PCR test is performed depending on the date of departure i.e. 24– 48 hours before departure
- If the stay is less than five days – no exit PCR test is required
Guests are allowed to stay at any number of certified, Safe & Secure Level 1 hotels and permitted to use all facilities of the hotel. Guests are also allowed to visit approved tourist sites in a bio-bubble.
Procedure for Fully Vaccinated Guests
Please note that these condition only apply to those who have been fully vaccinated with both dosages for more than 14 days.
Any vaccination accepted by the country of origin is acceptable under the vaccinated route.
Children below 12 years are permitted to accompany their parents guardians who are fully vaccinated.
- Children 2 years and above are required to do one PCR test on arrival
Children below 2 years are exempted from PCR testing. However, if the parents/ guardians develop symptoms and/or have positive PCR tests then the children will undergo PCR tests.
At the airport, on arrival – please produce the following:
- Negative COVID-19 PCR report (in English language) taken within 72 hours before flight
- Original copy of the vaccination certificate (in English language)
- Completed Health Declaration Form
Once at the certified Safe & Secure Level 1 hotel, an on-arrival PCR test is performed after 24 – 48 hours. Guests are permitted to use all the facilities of Certified Safe & Secure L1 hotels.
On receipt of a negative PCR test report, guests are permitted to leave the bio-bubble.
The respective Level 1 hotel doctor will issue a discharge document upon verifying the status of vaccination and PCR test results.
Transfers and Change of Dates
- Safe & Secure transfers from international airports to the hotel, transfers between Level 1 hotels and transfers to places of interest / excursions are provided by the hotel or a certified service provider and must be pre-booked.
- Guests may change dates or change hotels (to any Minor Hotels property in Sri Lanka) up to 24 hours before arrival. This is valid for rates with part or full pre-payment, for stays completed before 20 December 2021 and is subject to availability.
Avani Kalutara Resort has implemented the "Avani Shield" initiative that carries out enhanced levels of sanitation and use Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) approved disinfectants against COVID-19 throughout all public areas, including lobbies, reception, fitness centres, pool areas and guest rooms.
- Business Centre