Customer Satisfaction Index
Anantara Peace Haven Tangalle Resort sits on a rocky outcrop on the southern coast of Sri Lanka. Golden-hued beach fringed by coconut palms overlooks the roaring Indian Ocean. Explore the island's rainforests, pilgrimage sites and fishing ports. Dine cliffside, embark on surf adventures, or retreat to the sanctuary of Anantara Spa.
- Secluded beachfront setting
- Day trips to the island's nature reserves, historical towns and pilgrimage sites
- Ayurvedic wellness retreats
- Surf surfaris
- Reachable by limousine, domestic air transfer or helicopter
Updated Booking Requirements
Anantara Peace Haven Tangalle Resort is a certified ‘Safe and Secure’ Level 1 hotel. We look forward to welcoming you very soon. In the interests of protecting the health and safety of all our guests, please see our booking requirements below.
The below procedures apply to international tourists visiting Sri Lanka under a tourist visa and optional for dual citizens, valid resident visa holders, Sri Lankan citizens who opt to come under the tourism route irrespective of the vaccination status.
There is no minimum duration of stay in Sri Lanka.
Prior to boarding, travellers are required to:
- Have a pre-confirmed booking at a Level-1 ‘Safe & Secure’ hotel for up to 14 days; depending on the duration of your stay.
- The hotel booking could be made directly with the hotel or through a travel agent or an online booking site (OTA). Guests are allowed to move within Level-1 hotels and use all facilities of the hotel.
- Have a COVID-19 local travel insurance cover of USD 12 – the policy covers up to USD 50,000 for a period of one month. This is mandatory for all visitors.
- The travel insurance needs to be pre-purchased and charged by the hotel upon reservation.
- A banking fee of USD 26 per booking will be charged per booking.
- Pay for PCR tests – each PCR test will cost USD 40 each, per person. The number of tests depends on the number of days of your stay.
- If your stay is five or more days, two PCR tests will be conducted on arrival and exit.
- If the stay is less than five days, no exit PCR test is required.
- Children below two years are exempted from PCR testing. However, if the parents/guardians develop symptoms or result in positive PCR test reports children will undergo PCR tests.
- Children between 2-12 years undergo only exit PCR tests.
- Have a valid tourist visa. All visas must be applied for online at eta.gov.lk.
Airport transfers to be arranged by either the respective Certified Safe & Secure Level-1 hotel/ Certified Safe & Secure travel agent OR a Certified service provider.
Please produce the following on arrival at the airport:
- Evidence of a negative PCR test (in the English language) from an accredited laboratory taken no longer than 72 hours before boarding of flights.
- Completed health declaration form.
- The cost of PCR tests conducted during the stay period must be pre-paid to the hotel soon after the hotel reservation.
- All PCR tests are performed in-hotel for your convenience by a private-sector laboratory approved by the Sri Lankan Ministry of Health. Each PCR test costs USD 40 per person.
Details on Your Second PCR Test
- If the stay is more than 14 days – a PCR test is performed in-resort on the 11 – 14th day of the stay. Upon negative results for both PCR tests, guests are allowed to leave the bio-bubble and the respective Level-1 hotel. The in-house medical officer will issue a discharge document upon verifying the PCR test results
- If the stay is between 5 – 14 days – a PCR test is performed depending on the date of departure i.e. 24– 48 hours before departure
- If the stay is less than five days – no exit PCR test is required
Guests are allowed to stay at any number of certified, Safe & Secure Level 1 hotels and permitted to use all facilities of the hotel. Guests are also allowed to visit approved tourist sites in a bio-bubble. Please contact the Reservations Team to discuss the tourist sites available during your stay.
Transfers and Change of Dates
- Safe & Secure transfers from international airports to the hotel, transfers between Level 1 hotels and transfers to places of interest / excursions are provided by the hotel or a certified service provider and must be pre-booked.
- Guests may change dates or change hotels (to any Minor Hotels property in Sri Lanka) up to 24 hours before arrival. This is valid for rates with part or full pre-payment, for stays completed before 20 December 2021 and is subject to availability.
Anantara Peace Haven Tangalle Resort has implemented the ''Stay With Peace of Mind" programme that carries out enhanced levels of sanitation and use Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) approved disinfectants against COVID-19 throughout all public areas, including lobbies, reception, fitness centre, pool areas and guest rooms.
- Fitness Centre