Customer Satisfaction Index
Located only an hour from the capital, Anantara Kalutara Resort boasts a secluded beachfront setting on the picturesque southwest coast. Bring your sense of wanderlust to this paradise where the Kalu Ganga River meets the Indian Ocean. Luxuriate in elegant havens infused with the architectural vision of Geoffrey Bawa. With a host of inspired dining options, recreation - including for children - and an Ayurvedic spa retreat, we welcome you to enjoy island life in Anantara style.
- Uniquely located between the Indian Ocean and Kalu Ganga River
- Day trips to the island's nature reserves, historical towns and pilgrimage sites
- Anantara Spa with resident yogi and Ayurvedic doctor
- 60 minutes' drive from Colombo
Updated Booking Requirements
Anantara Kalutara Resort is a certified ‘Safe and Secure’ Level 1 hotel. We look forward to welcoming you very soon. In the interests of protecting the health and safety of all our guests, please see our booking requirements below.
- COVID-19 insurance cover for one month is required at USD 12 per person from People’s Insurance PLC, to be pre-purchased and charged by the hotel upon reservation.
- Guests must show evidence of a negative PCR test from an accredited laboratory taken 96 hours before boarding of flights.
- PCR tests conducted during the stay period to be pre-paid to the hotel soon after reservation. The hotel Reservations Team will contact you with further information upon booking.
- If a guest stays for 4 nights/ 5 days or less - payment for 1 PCR test is required.
- If the stay is more than 5 days yet less than 13 nights/ 14 days, payment for 2 PCR tests are required
- If the stay is 14 days or more, payment for 3 PCR tests are required
- Children under 12 years of age are exempted from PCR testing
Each PCR test costs USD 40 per person
All PCR tests are performed in-hotel for your convenience by a private-sector laboratory approved by the Sri Lankan Ministry of Health
Transfers and Change of Dates
- Transfers from international airports to the hotel, transfers between Level 1 hotels and transfers to places of interest / excursions are provided by the hotel and must be pre-booked.
- Guests may change dates or change hotels (to any Minor Hotels hotels or resorts in Sri Lanka) up to 24 hours before arrival. This is valid for rates with part or full pre-payment, for stays completed before 20 December 2021 and is subject to availability
Anantara Kalutara Resort has implemented the "Stay with Peace of Mind" programme that carries out enhanced levels of sanitation and use Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) approved disinfectants against COVID-19 throughout all public areas, including lobbies, reception, fitness centre, pool areas and guest rooms.Please click here for more information.
- Fitness Centre